|July 28-30, 2017
Bare Oaks Family Naturist Park
Newmarket (Toronto), Ontario, Canada
Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday AM
>>>LINK to Bodyfest California
❂ Bodyfest NEWS February, 2017
• This will be our first Bodyfest in Canada. There will also be a 4th California Bodyfest happening June 16-18. We are looking for workshop leaders and performers for both events. Note that the Canadian version of the event will have extremely limited photography, always announced in advance. If you are photo-shy, there are no worries!
We are looking for performers, workshop leaders and musicians for Bodyfest and other events – if you are selected, admission is free and there is a small honorarium.
❂ Bodyfest Event Overview
Free your body and mind through music, art, dance, performances, games, and contests. Stay in one of the comfortable yurts, pitch a tent or just come for the day. Saturday activities peak with the afternoon Nude Olympics where everyone competes in fun and easy games and challenges. Then later that day slow down with body painting, mud painting, water games, massage, or just hanging out! While at Bare Oaks enjoy the hot tub, sauna, swimming pool, trails, lake, and restaurant. Bring your friends! Make new friends! Are you new to this?… come and try this safe, fun, non-sexual, way of exploring body-freedom. This is a participatory, high-energy event, so please be up to this if you attend.
❂ Main Attendance Points
• There are advantages to registering and buying tickets in advance.
❂ Admission Fees
There are 2 admission fees to be aware of. One is the Naked Club event ticket, the other is the Bare Oaks grounds admission and camping fees which you pay on arrival and depends on how long your stay is – details are posted further below. The Bare Oaks fee is discounted this weekend.
❂ Naked Club Event Participation Fee
Naked Club has never made a profit from this event (nor anything else). We spend money on food, props, equipment and support materials and performers/leaders. The admission fees collected will hopefully balance with the cost of running the event.
❂ Bare Oaks Entrance Fee
The Bare Oaks entrance fee is paid when you arrive and we have a special discount rate for this event weekend. VERY IMPORTANT: If you have not previously visited Bare Oaks and have not gone through the orientation process, you will have to do this when you arrive. Expect a waiting period. We recommend that you visit Bare Oaks on an earlier occasion or arrive on Friday during the day to do this. You may also save time by completing their form online.
The special rate is a flat $25 per day per single, couple or family. We suggest arriving Friday and departing Sunday, 2 days. There are additional fees for camping. Please check their website, www.bareoaks.ca
❂ Bodyfest Activities
We’ve done a lot of fun interesting things over the years and we will pack as many of them all into one weekend as possible. Saturday afternoon we will again have our “nude olympics” with fun easy contests. Some possible venues:
Performances: singing, music, aerial silk, martial arts, gymnastics, poi-spinning.
Workshops: Body-awareness, yoga, music, contact dance, meditation, massage.
Creativity: body-painting, nature-costumes, body-sculptures, giant bubbles.
Contests: races, tug-of-war, jumping.
❂ Place – Bare Oaks
Just a 30 minute drive north out of Toronto will bring you to the gates of Bare Oaks, an inviting naturist park with it’s own lake, campgrounds, cottages, a pool, restaurant, and clubhouse with sauna and hot tub. This is a true family, nudity-only, naturist destination. An orientation session is required for all newcomers at this well organized facility with plenty of staff available.
❂ Attending Bodyfest – PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY
1. AGE – The event is for all ages but you must be age 18 or over to register yourself. Under 18 must attend with a parent.
2. SEX – In case you are completely new to this, we want to make sure you do not have the wrong idea about what happens at our events. The fact that we are nude is absolutely NOT an indication of sexual availability nor interest. Any inappropriate comments, activity, attitude, expressing sexual arousal are not tolerated and are likely grounds for ejection from the event and property. Inappropriate “friendly” touching of people you do not know should not happen. Very occasionally newbie males experience an unintended erection – this is not a problem as long as you cover up and let the moment pass.
3. PHOTOGRAPHY – Bare Oaks policy forbids photography unless tightly contained only to personal friends who have given you permission – do not include others in the background of your photos! If there is any event photography at all it will only be by our official photographer and only under very specific circumstances. You will not be photographed against your wishes! Many other Naked Club events do have photography – please consider being part of our growing army of people who are proud to be seen clothing-free in this ongoing campaign to normalize the nude human body in all its variations.
4. CLOTHING-FREE – Bodyfest is a nude-only event (excepting weather and health considerations), not “clothing-optional”. This applies to everyone involved, helpers, performers, etc. That is the whole point of this being a body expression festival. Please avoid wearing a sarong or wrapped towel! When you wear a sarong or some other drape, some nude people may start to feel uncomfortable, then also reach for a sarong. Please support the central mission of Naked Club… to be naked! You may wear some body adornment as long as it does not cover parts of your body normally considered part of “nakedness”. If the sun is too strong wear sunscreen or stay in the shade.
5. WRIST BANDS – All attendees will wear an issued wrist band throughout the event to identify that they are fully paid and registered. It is an attractive dark tan rubber bracelet.
6. PHOTO ID – Upon arrival, Bare Oaks requires all visitors to present photo ID and complete a registration form. You will also check in with our event coordinator and receive your participation wrist band. The check-in kiosk will likely be set up on the main lawn.
❂ Activity Leaders and Helpers
Several inspiring individuals are coming to perform, help and conduct workshops but we’re still looking for more ideas and leaders for this event, and certainly for future events as well. Booked leaders, performers and helpers attend for free and are paid an honorarium of $50 (except for the volunteer category). Please get in touch with me (Nomad) if you want to propose something.
✓ Thursday July 27 – The initial crew of Naked Club elves will arrive and start preparing for the event.
✓ Friday July 28 – Attendee’s may opt to arrive on this day to set up their camping spot. An evening dinner and event will be planned for anyone who has arrived at this point.
✓ Saturday July 29 Activities will start early in the morning and continue non-stop through the day including the evening. If you want to be part of the full Bodyfest experience, camp another night so you can stay up late.
✓ Sunday July 30 – Morning Yoga class and more activities will continue for part of the day.
If you are only able come for part of the event, eg. only Saturday, it is completely OK.
There is plenty of parking at Bare Oaks. When the lot fills near the entrance there is an overflow lot deeper into the property – you will have to check in before being able to park in this case. Please plan to come early – the office will open at 9am. There will be minivan pickup available from the Newmarket GO train station, about $20 per person. We are considering a shuttle service from A subway station in Toronto – ask about it if interested.
The climate of this area at this time of the year is usually warm (or hot) and sunny with occasional brief rain at times.
❂ Book yourself Now!
I know what you’re thinking: “Wow, I’ve just got to be part of this!” Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org right away. Don’t be shy!
|Photos from Bodyfest in California|
Website and all content, is copyright photonaturals.com and the respective
photographers of the images presented. All rights reserved.